Tyonek Native Corporation Engineering Technician in Warner Robins, Georgia
- Performs evaluation and troubleshooting of systems to include testing components related to automatic testing equipment, circuit cards, and power supplies. Works cloesely with engineers as required to troubleshoot and repair equipment and cabling
- Conduct standardized or prescribed assignments involving a sequence of related operations.
- Follows standard work methods on recurring tasks
- Conduct a variety of tests using established methods
- Prepare test components
- Adjust and operate equipment
- Record test data
- Document deviations resulting from equipment malfunction or observational errors
- Set up and operate Automatic Test Equipment
- Assemble or install equipment or parts requiring simple wiring, soldering or connecting
- Repair cables, connectors/pins, Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) component replacement
- Following specific instructions, assembles or constructs simple or standard equipment or parts, servicing or repairing instructments or equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 years' of experience in the field or in a related area
- Must be a US citizen
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Creative mind to troubleshoot, find, and resolve problems
- Self-motivated and works with daily supervision
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the electronics industry
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS, OTHER
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to work and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee, and reah above/below shoulders
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth
- May be required to operate test equipment, soldering toolds, drimping tools, fluke meters, and other similar tools
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/VEVRAA/ADA
TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities: Tyonek Native Corporation provides all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Job Start/End Date: 17-Apr-2018 to 16-Jun-2018 (CST)
Department: TSGI - ADTS
Location: Warner Robins, GA, USA
Pay Type: Hourly
Employment Type: Full Time