Blackstone Consulting Cook I in Warner Robins, Georgia
Job Title: Cook I
Department: Robins AFB
Reports to: Supervisor, Dining Manager, and/or Project Manager
Certificate in culinary or hospitality management, or equivalent desired. Must currently have and maintain ServSafe certification. Good customer service and communication skills. Must have solid work ethics.
Minimum three years as a Cook in a large institutional kitchen; or comparable military experience.
One year supervisory experience; or Chef, Lead, or Senior Cook responsibilities.
The principal responsibilities of the Cook I is to ensure the meal is prepared in accordance with the menu of the day.
Ensure quality standards are met and maintained in preparing all meals in accordance with the contract requirements.
Provide leadership to the Cook II and provide feedback to the Supervisor and/or Project Manager.
Ensure that employees comply with all safety regulations in accordance with contract requirements and OSHA.
Prepare or direct preparation of food served using recipe cards, established production procedures and systems ensuring that all tasks are done in accordance with applicable SOP.
Insure that the progressive cooking technique is utilized in preparing all meals. Must be able to use standardized measuring cups, spoons, knife, forks, large kitchen utensils, pots and pans.
Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature, and appearance of food is preserved.
• Determine amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems.
• Set steam tables; serve or ensure proper serving of food.
• Comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards.
• Observe proper food preparation and handling techniques.
• Oversee proper food storage.
• Use basic skills in arithmetic, simple record keeping, portion control, preparation of special dietary meals, tables of weights and measures, recipe conversion, supervisory, training principles and practices.
• Communicate and interact among management and personnel.
• Follow oral and written instruction such as worksheets, menus, and schedules.
• Follow standard recipe cards and worksheets as to the number of portions to prepare, etc.
• May frequently require lifting or moving objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Duties require considerable walking and standing for prolonged periods of time.
• Tasks frequently include bending and stooping.
Adhere to the Howard & Blackstone policies, rules and regulations as set forth in the Employee Handbook and Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Comply with all HACCP standards.
Interact with and provide guidance to employees in a fair and consistent manner.
Nothing in this job description restricts management s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Duties may be assigned by the Supervisor, Dining Manager, Project Manager, or other designated personnel.