Anthem Public Relations Director - Atlanta GA, (PS1091 KT) in Macon, Georgia
Anthem, Inc. is one of the nation's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 company. At Anthem, Inc., we are working together to transform health care with trusted and caring solutions.
Bring your expertise to our innovative culture where you will have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives, and to take your career further than you can imagin
_Public Relations Director_ Location: Atlanta, Georgia Capital City Plaza, 3350 Peachtree Road NE Atlanta, GA 30326
The Public Relations Director is responsible for leading the communications and public relations efforts for the designated business unit(s) (P/L) including media relations, issues management, and reputation management. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Media relations, crisis communications, and reputation/crisis management across the commercial and Medicaid markets, and leadership teams within respective business units.
- Develops and leads a comprehensive, strategic communications program with enterprise impact that includes work with government relations, corporate communications, and senior management.
- Implements strategies and tactics designed to educate and build relationships with the public, the media and key opinion leaders.
- Works closely with leadership team of respective business units to develop and implement a strategic communications plan in support of the Company's overall initiatives.
- Researches, develops, reviews and/or edits communications materials for executive management.
- Leads complex departmental assignments and workload with an enterprise impact.
- Provides guidance or direction to team members on key department initiatives and/or enterprise initiatives.
- Promotes the company’s support for community organizations and activities. This role may require up to 10% travel based on needs of the business (Majority of travel will be within the state of GA)
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and is a 2014 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.
Requires BA/BS in a related field; 8 years of experience with communications, media relations, and/or public relations Or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Strong writing abilities capable of translating complex material into engaging content. Knowledge and familiarity of the local and state media markets. Understanding of the health care business, health insurance, media relations and government relations required.
Preferred Experience in managed care or health insurance industry Strong knowledge of Microsoft Power Point
Job Public Affairs/Communications
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: Public Relations Director - Atlanta GA, (PS1091 KT)
Requisition ID: PS1091