Tractor Supply Company Distribution Center Supervisor in Macon, Georgia
The DC Supervisor is a people leader who manages the daily operations of a department of up to 40 hourly team members in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Core responsibilities involve achieving daily workload and performance objectives while demonstrating a commitment to teamwork, development, and team member engagement. DC Supervisors focus on continuous improvement of performance and processes in the areas of safety, productivity quality, and service to stores and customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and coordinate the activities of hourly team members to complete the daily workload and achieve and exceed performance objectives, in partnership with other departments and shifts to drive overall DC performance.
- Train, motivate, coach and develop hourly team members, including providing frequent and constructive feedback, recognizing good performance, and coaching for improvement.
- Foster a positive work environment and strong team member engagement based on respect, communication, teamwork, accountability, and winning attitude.
- Innovate and collaborate with peers and team members to solve problems, achieve results, and improve processes across departments and shifts.
- Demonstrate commitment to personal and team development, and to supporting a culture where everyone has the opportunity to thrive and grow.
- Ensure a safe work environment by promoting safe behaviors, safety awareness, and personal accountability, and by identifying and addressing potential hazards.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- A combination of relevant education and 2+ years of supervisory experience in a distribution or industrial environment
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Team player with strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Proven success in achieving results through people
- Ability to function effectively in a large-scale, fast-paced DC environment
- Working, hands-on knowledge of DC processes and systems preferred
- Flexibility to be assigned to any of three shifts and/or schedules in 7x24 operating model as needed
- Proficient in Windows PC environment
- Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking the English language
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled