PruittHealth DHS HCC in Forsyth, Georgia
Plans, organizes, develops and directs the overall operation of our Nursing Services Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local regulations governing our nursing center, and as may be directed by the Administrator and the Medical Director, to provide appropriate care.
* KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: *
1. Operation of oxygen equipment including turning off and on, changing cylinder heads, cleaning/replacing humidifier, and others as necessary.
2. Operation of suction machine (oral) including cleaning, selection of appropriates suction catheter, and storage.
3. Operation and use of manual respirator.
4. Location and use of emergency equipment supplies (box and/or crash cart etc.)
5. Operation of whirlpool.
6. Operation of scales.
7. Operation of glucose monitoring devices, calibration, and cleaning etc.
8. Use of electronic thermometers (oral/rectal and ear)
9. Delivery of medications (setting up, rotating, charting, ordering, giving to patient etc.)
10. Ordering and use of stock drugs.
11. Administration and documentation of insulin.
12. Use and delivery of PRN medications.
13. Use and delivery of topical treatment application (eye, ear, nose etc.)
14. Use delivery and documentation of narcotic medication.
15. Knowledge of procedures for receiving drugs from pharmacy.
16. Application of sterile dressings.
17. Operation and proper use of pressure reduction surfaces.
18. Use of oral airway
19. Knowledge of isolation procedures (when to implement etc.)
20. Knowledge of location and proper use of personal protective equipment (gloves, masks, gowns and aprons etc.)
21. Delivery of enemas (S & S, and fleets)
22. Insertion, irrigation and routine care of male/female catheters.
23. Delivery of tube feedings (insertion, flushing, proper amounts etc.)
24. Knowledge of procedures and ability to determine Advance Directive status for patients.
25. Collection of lab specimens and interpreting results.
26. IV implementation and administration.
27. Seizure precautions and administration of IV medication during a seizure.
28. Knowledge of admission discharge and transfer procedures.
29. Documentation and billing of supplies used.
30. Knowledge of procedures for sending a patient to the hospital
31. Knowledge of procedures to follow if unable to reach physicians.
32. Monitor physician services (documentation and visits etc.) in accordance with current regulations.
33. Maintain effective lines of communication with attending physicians.
34. Maintain knowledge of documentation procedures including appropriate use of forms, timelines, and Medicare documentation etc.)
35. Maintain a working knowledge of current licensure standards and the survey process.
* MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: *
Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or is a graduate of an accredited/approved RN program
* MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: *
A minimum, two (2) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital or long-term care facility.Possess education, training, and/or experience in one of the following: rehabilitative nursing, geriatric nursing and/or psychosocial nursing.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current and unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in state of practice
* ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications) *
Training experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices preferred
Primary Location Georgia-Forsyth
Shift 1st Shift
Job Posting Mar 23, 2018, 12:06:17 PM
Req ID: 1801758